Frequently Asked Questions
- How many displays can you connect to a MacBook Pro?
With devices listed above, you can connect up to 4 display monitors: 1 native + 3 externals via DisplayLink technology.
- How do I connect multiple monitors to my M1 MacBook 2020?
You have to have device that supports DisplayLink technology.
- Why I cannot connect more than one display to my Apple M1 MacBook?
To a surprise to many, new M1 MacBooks have hardware limitation of only 1 native display.
- Why is my Mac not detecting displays?
If you do have MacBook powered by M1 chip and you are trying to connect the second additional display - you are blocked by hardware limitation of new Macs.
- I have bought required adapter / dock / hub - what do I do now?
Refer to DisplayLink page, select your operating system and download required drivers (DisplayLink Manager).
- How do I connect USB Type A adapter do my M1 MacBook?
- Is there a way to connect multiple displays to my M1 MacBook?
Yes - it's possible BUT only with specific devices. We have listed most of compatible ones above.
- What is DisplayLink technology?
- Will quality get decreased by using adapter / dock / hub?
Overall quality is good for a daily use. There could be a slight difference between natively connected display and software accelerated one. Most of the devices can run 2.5k at 50-60 Hz - make sure to check those details directly on a product page.
- What is a docking station?
In short: "A docking station is a device that connects to a laptop provides additional ports for connectivity (...)" read more.